"Holy Spirit is not really an intellectual premise but a faith experience"

Holy Spirit, breath of God, experienced daily by those taking part in the Resurrection
Holy Spirit, breath of God, experienced daily
by those taking part in the Resurrection (Photo
taken 1st August 2008 in Russia of Ruach
which, though invisible to the naked eye,
can be felt as Cool Breeze flowing from the
hands, head and other parts of the body.
(Click image for uncropped original)
"But what is the Holy Spirit? In order to be ordained, I had to write a lengthy paper outlining my theology which was reviewed by 60 representatives from churches in my denominational region. I wrote pages and pages on my understanding of God and on the nature of Christ but when I got to the Holy Spirit, I managed only a short paragraph. I worried that the Ordination Council would grill me on my brief treatment of the Holy Spirit but to my surprise, not a question did they ask. We spent a long time debating the nature of God and Christ but when we arrived at the section on the Holy Spirit, everyone quickly breezed past it to get to the topic of sin, something we all knew much more about. And in retrospect, that was probably appropriate because I have come to believe that the Holy Spirit is not really an intellectual premise but a faith experience. The Holy Spirit is better known in the heart than in the head. In the song," Through Your Hands," an angel says to the listener," Your voice cannot command, but in time you will move mountains. It will come through your hands.”The Spirit works not in the beliefs we speak or in the doctrines we profess but in the work of our hands, in the promptings of our hearts: in the experience of human spirit touching God-spirit.”- Reverend Laurie DeMott

Date: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:50 pm
Subject: "The Holy Spirit is not really an intellectual premise but a faith experience"

i would like to add that the Shakti/Holy Spirit/Ruh/Aykaa Mayee is not really an intellectual premise but a faith experience of the Divine Message. Immediately after the Divine Feminine gives Self- realization/Birth of Spirit/Baptism of Allah/Opens Dasam Dwar the seeker will feel the Cool Breeze, the Ruach or Breath of God, flowing from his/her hands and head. The Holy Spirit is indeed a daily experience of His Breath for the rest of your life. The Divine Message is a spiritual sanctuary, a beacon of hope, joy, peace of eternal life to all humans.

“So we must know that it's a new explosion. That's why I call it Blossom Time, that we are definitely spiritual people. We have got spirituality and that the Divine is working. So the Kali Yuga is finishing. Now it is the Krita Yuga ...

Krita Yuga means at the Time when this All-Pervading Power has started acting. Nobody felt the Cool Vibrations. Can you believe that? It was never related to any science. It was never related to physical science especially. So I must say the achievement of Sahaja Yoga is tremendous ... The All-Pervading Power has started acting as I am on Earth!"Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi

Just a handful of humanity is stirring to the faintest of Light discernible at the earliest breaking of the Divine Dawn. They are the SYs who daily experience His breath flowing through their hands and head, and meditate on His Spirit within. They truly understand that the Shakti/Holy Spirit/Ruh/Aykaa Mayee is not really an intellectual premise but a faith experience of the Resurrection and Last Judgment. All religious organizations have merely been intended as temporary vehicles and starting points for the Divine Message, the collective culmination of God's Plan for humanity.

jagbir

The breath of life and the Spirit of God
Robert Pyne (Robert_Pyne@dts.edu)
Tue, 6 Jun 95 09:55:19 CDT

I'm fairly new to the reflector so let me give a quick intro. My name is Bob Pyne and I teach theology at Dallas Seminary. I met a few of you in Chicago at the ISAE conference and have several friends who have suggested that I listen in on these conversations.

I wouldn't think to jump in on all of the discussion about Vitamin C, pseudo-genes, etc., but I just returned from a short vacation and see something here that I might be able to contribute to.

Bill Hamilton has been talking about the breath of God in Genesis and the uniqueness of humanity. Since I've done some work on the vocabulary there, let me make a few suggestions.

Ruach (Cool Breeze) flowing out of humans
They are going, by the Holy
Spirit's power, to bring
humanity to salvation (Click
image for cropped original)
In Genesis 2:7 the"breath of life"Is"nishmat hayyim"In Hebrew. However, several parallels demonstrate that this is essentially synonymous with"ruach," the word more commonly used for the Holy Spirit in the OT (and also used for wind [Ex. 10:13], breath [Job 15:30], or the human spirit [Gen. 41:8]). In Ezekiel's vision, which parallels Genesis 2 as a"re-creation," the"ruach"of God (used throughout the book to refer to the Spirit of God) comes from the four "Winds" (also"ruach") to give life to the reconstituted bodies of Israel's slain army (Ezek. 37:8-10). Job 27:3-4 uses"nishmat"And"ruach"In parallel to speak of the animating breath/Spirit of God sustaining Job's life, as do Job 33:4 and Job 34:14-15. Psalm 104:29-30 also speaks of God's animating breath as his"ruach"Which sustains all animal (and human) life.

The point is that one cannot distinguish between the"nishmat hayyim"of Genesis 2:7 and the"Spirit (ruach) of God"In the Job passages or in Ezekiel 37. Since Genesis 6:17 and 7:15 also speak of animals being animated by the"ruach hayyim" ("breath"or"Spirit"of life), it's best to say that people are not seen as unique by virtue of the Spirit's animating presence, for God preserves the life of all of his creatures through his animating breath, the life-giving Holy Spirit. (Incidentally, this helps as well with Genesis 6:3, where a Qumran manuscript reads"My Spirit shall not ABIDE IN man forever because he is flesh"—in other words, God will not forever sustain humanity's physical life.) The Spirit's presence as life-giver is not a doctrine to be taken lightly, for it forms the basis for the New Testament doctrine of regeneration and resurrection through the indwelling of the Spirit (Rom. 8:11).

That was rather long-winded, but the bottom line is that human uniqueness is reflected not so much in the presence of God's animating breath in the OT as in the fact that we alone are made in the image of God. I have some thoughts on what that means, too, but that can wait.

The breath of life and the Spirit of God
Robert Pyne

Union University Church
May 16, 2004
Reverend Laurie DeMott

But what is the Holy Spirit? In order to be ordained, I had to write a lengthy paper outlining my theology which was reviewed by 60 representatives from churches in my denominational region. I wrote pages and pages on my understanding of God and on the nature of Christ but when I got to the Holy Spirit, I managed only a short paragraph. I worried that the Ordination Council would grill me on my brief treatment of the Holy Spirit but to my surprise, not a question did they ask. We spent a long time debating the nature of God and Christ but when we arrived at the section on the Holy Spirit, everyone quickly breezed past it to get to the topic of sin, something we all knew much more about. And in retrospect, that was probably appropriate because I have come to believe that the Holy Spirit is not really an intellectual premise but a faith experience. The Holy Spirit is better known in the heart than in the head. In the song," Through Your Hands," an angel says to the listener," Your voice cannot command, but in time you will move mountains. It will come through your hands.”The Spirit works not in the beliefs we speak or in the doctrines we profess but in the work of our hands, in the promptings of our hearts: in the experience of human spirit touching God-spirit.

Even the word"Spirit"describes something intangible, powerful, yet fleeting. The Hebrew word for spirit is ruach, which also means"Wind.” You can almost hear the wind in the word: Ruach. Sudden breath of wind exhaled in a rushing determination that rattles the leaves and bends the tall grass as it blows past. Ruach. When Abraham heard the word ruach, he imagined wind. He imagined breath. He imagined spirit. The word ruach described them all for the Hebrews recognized that the act of breathing—sucking wind into our lungs and expelling air again in a gust—gives us life. Our breath, the movement of air in and out, our spirit, our lives are all intertwined and so one word described it all: ruach. Paul would have read often of the ruach of God in his Hebrew upbringing, in the stories of Genesis when the ruach rushed across the primordial waters and in the stories of the Judges—of Gideon and Deborah and Samson—when God's ruach came upon them and led them to do great things in the saving of the people. And while the Greek language of Paul's Roman citizenship may not have held the poetry of the Hebrew, even in Greek Paul would have heard the connection between spirit, breath, and life. In fact, we can still hear it today since our most common English cognate of the Greek word for spirit, pneumos, is"pneumonia", a disease that steals breath away. The Spirit of God could just as rightly be translated as the Breath of God, or the wind of God. The Spirit of God is God on the move like the wind and breathing life into our world.

In most of the Hebrew scriptures, people speak simply of the Spirit of God but by the time we reach the years of Jesus and Paul, we hear just as often this phrase—the Holy Spirit. The ancient people believed that there were many spirits dwelling in the world and not all of those spirits were good, so when they talked about the Spirit coming upon a person—Moses or Elijah—they wanted to make sure that people understood that they were referring to the spirit of the Holy One. The Holy Spirit was that spirit specifically emanating from God and from no other.

And so we come back to the question—what is the Holy Spirit? Very simply, the Holy Spirit is God on the move. There is God who is beyond us, greater than all we know and see, incomprehensible, eternal, mysterious. And there is God incarnated in the life of Christ who made God's love real for us in a person that we could see and hear so that we could know a bit of the ultimately unknowable God. And then there is the Holy Spirit: God at work in each of us and when the Holy Spirit moves through people of faith, God is no longer limited to something way out there or way in the past but is still alive and present among us. The Reverend James Forbes says that the Holy Spirit is God experienced on the frontier of human experience and relationship; it is the ruach of God—the breath of God which fills us, comforts us, anoints us—chooses us—and sends us forth.

That is what the Holy Spirit is by definition.

Reverend Laurie DeMott

Related Articles:
The resurrection of Jesus is not the central datum of Christianity.
He whose fearless supreme sacrifice now fulfills eschatological promise
Deepak Chopra: "Jesus belongs to the world. The promise ...”
Crucifixion demonstrates"What dies is mortal body, not living spirit"
Deepak Chopra has done far more to uphold and promote Jesus
Entrance into Kingdom of God which Jesus speaks
The granting of the spirit of holiness is viewed as yet to take place ...
Our desire is that the Holy Spirit, who is the Divine Revealer ...
The Second Birth of Man—In Spirit
Eschatological aspect of the kingdom possesses for Jesus ...
"As in earlier Gnostic religion, resurrection ... is distinctly not ...”
The Resurrection of Christ within You
Jesus rebukes those who seek access to God elsewhere
Jesus proclaimed"salvation through knowledge ... of the divine light"
Jesus presented"salvation .. based upon knowledge of self"
Jesus declared gospel of resurrection is heritage of every man
Across the crowd, I suddenly caught a glimpse of His mother, Mary
The harvest should be taken to represent final judgment
Jesus' point is that Kingdom of God is a historical process...
More importantly, he expects scribe not to reject instruction about...
The general resurrection occurs just before the final judgment and ...
What's in scriptures that has been collectively promised to all humans?
A willful and deliberate rejection by Muslims of the Great News
Jesus: "God is spirit, and those who worship him ...”
The Comforter will explain"mysteries which are beyond the world ...
When will of man and will of God are one, the resurrection is a fact.
Let's raise the bar and set a minimum standard for the Blossom Time
Self as Spirit: "Jesus answered them ...”
Walter Mercado: "But before it comes, the old must be purged.”
Eschatology - very heart and soul of Judaism, Christianity and Islam
"In order to rise above darkness, people must follow ...”
Theosis is a state akin to 'enlightenment'
No difference between God Almighty sending Comforter or Spirit (Ruh)
Blessed is the man who will eat at the feast in the Kingdom of God
The Day His Spirit (Ruach) is poured will coincide with day of Messiah
Holy Spirit is not really an intellectual premise but a faith experience
Both Jesus and the Comforter came here to show and lead people
"But now it is you people who have to prove it that I am that!"
Judas handed Savior"to help Jesus finish appointed task from God.”
A heavenly realm where a great invisible Spirit dwells
Comforter will recall to their minds Jesus' teachings
The Third Jesus: The Christ We Cannot Ignore

Archives of FAQs and Articles on Shakti/Last Judgment/Qiyamah
Homepage

Disclaimer: Our material may be copied, printed and distributed by referring to this site. This site also contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the education and research provisions of "fair use" in an effort to advance freedom of inquiry for a better understanding of religious, spiritual and inter-faith issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than "fair use" you must request permission from the copyright owner.

search

Home
Introduction
New Age Children
Miracle Photo
Meeting His Messengers
Prophecies
Age Of Aquarius
Nostradamus
Mayan End Age 12-21-2012
Our Conscious Earth
Adi Shakti's Descent