Sahaja Yoga - A revealed religion or a cult of mind control?

Date:  Tue Sep 28, 2004  1:32 pm
Subject:  Sahaja Yoga - A revealed religion or a cult of mind control?

Dear All,

Part of the www.adishakti.org homepage reads;

"Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi is the Adi Shakti of the Sanatana Dharma, Imam Mahdi of Islam, Comforter of Christianity, Maitreya of Buddhism and Aykaa Mayee (One Mother) of Sikhism. The Mahdi, in Sanskrit, is the contraction of Ma Adi (Primordial Mother) in the same way that the Maitreya is a contraction of Mai Treya (Mother Threefold). The Mahdi, according to Islam, is the Savior to come at the time of the Last Judgment to save the world. The function of the Mahdi is similar to those attributed to the Buddhist Maitreya or Christian Comforter. The Adi Shakti, Ma Adi, Mai Treya, Aykaa Mayee and Comforter is the one and same Divine Feminine.

She has come as a Teacher and Guide for people of every religion and those of no religion. The Comforter also enlightens humanity to the teachings of Jesus and prepares them for the eternal Afterlife during this Golden Age of the Last Judgment and Resurrection.

Shri Mataji also reveals and gives detailed evidence of the existence of the Kingdom of God, a mystical dimension and sanctuary, within all humans. "From the early biblical prophets who walked alone in the desert to fast and pray for divine revelation to Native Americans setting out in the wilderness to search for a vision, the pursuit of an inner world beyond everyday physical reality is one of mankind's oldest traditions. For thousands of years humans have retreated into solitude to find answers to life's questions and to gain spiritual wisdom. Though many of the old ways have been forgotten, there are still a means by which anyone can step through the crack between the two worlds and enter the mystical dimensions. This retreat, this quest, is an ancient rite of passage; it is a journey to the center of your soul"

The great Adi Shakti explains its profound mystical powers, how it will awaken, transform and bring about fellowship and harmony among people during the Resurrection and Last Judgment. This unprecedented knowledge about the Kingdom of God that Lord Jesus spoke 2000 years ago, to be delivered by the Comforter, is the final breakthrough in human evolution. Shri Mataji declares: "The Kingdom of God that we were promised is at hand. This is not a phrase out of a sermon or a lecture, but it is the actualization of the experience of the highest Truth which is absolute, now manifesting itself in ordinary people at this present moment." To back this seemingly preposterous statement, undeniable evidence of the biblical Kingdom of God manifesting daily in ordinary children is provided for cross-examination.

This site is thus also an open book and challenge to all guardians of religious regimes — priests, pastors, reverends, bishops, popes, rabbis, clerics, imams, mullahs, shaikhs, ulema, ayatollahs, gurus, swamis, pandits, brahmins, acaryas, bhagwans, granthis, gianis, lamas, monks, dalai lamas — to rebut and prove Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi's message of the Kingdom of God, Resurrection and Last Judgment false. Skeptics, atheists or any anti-cult organization, especially those specializing in busting fake gurus and false claims, are most welcome."

i came across an ex-SY, Melete, whose very criticism is the truth on which www.adishakti.org was set up. i thank her for this unintended compliment that:

"
If you want to know where the Sahaja Yoga belief system may lead you, have a look at https://adishakti.org which is an unofficial Sahaja Yoga propaganda site supported by the officials of Sahaja Yoga who permit it to exist."

If only she knew how much Sahaja Yoga would progress if there were more such sites. Anyway, here is her piece to Alex Arthur, a member of this forum:

—- Melete <melbinah@y...> wrote:

> A message to the unwary
>
> The objective of Sahaja Yoga is that you recognise Mrs Srivastava is
> the supreme goddess, as she tells hers devotees to call her Shri
> Mataji Nirmala Devi (revered mother pure goddess). All the Sahaja
> Yoga practices, including daily meditation in front of her photograph,
> are supposed to change you internally in some way so that you
> become worthy of this recognition of Mrs S.
>
> To explain why her "true" divine nature is not apparent to you before
> you have been exposed to her and Sahaja Yoga culture for some
> time, Mrs S states that she is Mahamaya (a  great illusion) and can
> withhold or reveal her real identity to anyone  as she sees fit. Due to
> this fact, Sahaja Yoga should truly be regarded as a path of
> revelation, very much like the many other revealed religions of the
> world.
>
> Whatever Sahaja Yogis may say to you (or not say) when you first
> learn about Sahaja Yoga, your personal recognition of Mrs S as a
> goddess is the hidden point of the exercise. While they claim the
> "vibrations" (cool sensations supposedly felt from doing Sahaja Yoga
> and caused by Mrs S) are objective proof her divinity, that fact is
> these sensations (like revelations) are completely subjective, if felt
> at all, and any decision that they substantiate her divine nature is an
> act of faith, the likes of which underlies all revealed religion.
>
> This is not an attempt to criticise revealed religion generally, but
> to expose Sahaja Yoga which tries to hide what it really is: a
> revealed religion and a cult of mind control.
>
> Like most of the critics of Sahaja Yoga at this group I would strongly
> urge anyone newly acquainted with Sahaja Yoga to do their own
> thorough inquiry into Sahaja Yoga *before* allowing yourself to be
> further exposed the methods of mind control  and indoctrination to
> which you may unwittingly fall prey. Don't underestimate how
> effective are their methods, despite harmless appearances:
> remember the Sahaja Yogis you may encounter have already been
> snared and are well meaning in their attempts to hook you too. Make
> up your own mind first, while you still can claim it as your own, and
> don't ascribe to God what is not His/Hers, nor to Truth what is
> simply not true.
>
> If you want to know where the Sahaja Yoga belief system may lead
> you, have a look at https://adishakti.org which is an unofficial
> Sahaja Yoga propaganda site supported by the officials of Sahaja
> Yoga who permit it to exist.
>
> Melete
>
>

Alex, i have to admit that your cautious and critical enquiry about Sahaja Yoga over the months did contribute significantly to advance the Shakti. Of all members perhaps your wary approach best project that indeed Sahaja Yoga is a daily experience of the Spirit and Mother Kundalini. Again i have to remind that you are feeling vibrations because all those born of the Spirit (Mother Kundalini) during the Last Judgment will experience the Winds of Qiyamah (vibrations). If that is what is meant by 'revealed religion' then it sure is exactly that - the Adi Shakti revealing the deepest parables and mystical secrets of the Bible, Qur'n, Granth Sahib, Vedas and Puranas for all humanity.

Your honest answer to those who want to
"expose Sahaja Yoga which tries to hide what it really is: a revealed religion and a cult of mind control" will help many in this forum. They can read this post (which will be archived) and decide whether the announcement of the Last Judgment and Resurrection by the Adi Shakti is indeed revealed religion or just an attempt to control minds.

i want to take this opportunity to thank you for this post. On Tuesday, September 28, eleven years ago i received a call to join Shri Mataji. Great blessings do come on Tuesdays, as it is also today.

Card with Message Join Mataji 28/9/90 scribbled at bottom
The Message on Tuesday night from Shri Ganesha as jotted
down September 28, 1993 but only found nearly a year later.

https://adishakti.org/introduction/join_mataji.htm

If not for this call i would never have known the Adi Shakti within. It is but a reward for having worshipped Her over countless past lives. Alex, She has awakened you also in Her own mysterious ways. Your allegiance to Her in this life will definitely be rewarded in your next, notwithstanding the assured moksa to all Her devotees who submit to Her Message of the Last Judgment and Resurrection. Only the Shakti, entrenched in all scriptures, heals in mind, body and soul. At last i am free to embrace all prophets, holy books and religions. Indeed i have known the Truth and the Truth has set me free.

Jai Shri Mataji,

jagbir

alex arthur <dude11976@y...>
Date:  Sat Sep 25, 2004  10:49 am
Subject:  Re: A revealed religion (SY Perspective)

Hi Melete (Regards to Giahn too).

Your mail is definitely well intended. I'm sure you or someone you know, might have had certain unpleasant experience. Please don't bother to elaborate on them because i have heard enough and been through enough myself.

I've only breezed through your mail and probably have just a gist in my head as i frame this reply. Let me assure you, the vibrations I feel on my hand are nothing my head has conjured up for me. They are very
very real. Physical and strong almost like a buzz or the humming of a little bee. And they are there for the most part of the day, unless of course my attention gets wrapped up into something worldly.

Let me also tell you that I was far more skeptical than any of you, including Simon himself could ever be. The only thing I refrained from doing, was passing a judgement until I heard all the pro's and con's.
Over and above that, I wanted to experience things for myself. Even after I received the divine vibrations I was still skeptical. But today, perhaps 6- 7 months after joining SY, i can confidently tell you that
there is nothing to fear. The allegations which most anti SY's pass are overly exaggerated.

If you would truly like to pass an independent judgement, then try getting initiated and like a scientist, experience things for your self. Further, you may want to read through certain texts, which will help you understand various phenomena.

1. Patanjali's yoga sutras (Marshall Govindan)
2. Ancient science and art of pranic healing (Cho Kok Sui - i think)
3. Talks on the path of Occultism - (the theosophical society, C.W. Leadbeater)

Its really a waste of time though, because at the end of it you'll find that SY encompasses everything. Also, a wonderful atesting' experience would be : Read a spiritual text like say the Bhagavad Gita before you
join SY. Then join SY. After a month of meditation, read the Gita again. I assure you, the entire meaning would have changed because of your self realisation.

There are a few things which i must admit are dogmas and cultish phenomena witnessed in most cults. You don't have to adhere to these to be a practicing SY. I for one, don't greet everybody with 'Jai Shri Mataji'. i smoke, I drink (I must warn you though that these definitely steal your peace of mind).

You don't have to wear a sari, its a lovely garment though. You don't have to put a big red blotch on your forehead...in the US your office colleagues will think you are whacko. You don't have to sit in a collective forever. Though collective meditation at least for the
first 5-6 months will speed your growth. What else? Um....as for the bhoots and possessions...they are all very real but harmless. Don't bother with them. Once you have settled into meditation, no spirit or
possession can harm you. You don't have to dessert your family, on the contrary your familial relations will improve. You don't have to go about like a raving lunatic trying to convert even atheists. Just do it
for yourself.

Apart from these there are loads of threats which SM has given that if you don't do XYZ then terrible things will happen to you. But, by her own admission, and this is on the tapes too, she has said these things
for our own benefit. You wont really get cancer or you wont really go bankrupt, but if the fear of that helps you stay a moral person, then there is nothing to loose.

Most people on this Group are so anti SY that no amount of convincing will change anything. However, To close this mail, consider the following:

1. Does any other system of meditation/religion/yoga give you these vibrations???

Therefore, and logically, the giver must in some form be divine???

i am in no mood to share the numerous miracles i am experiencing. But trust me, they are happening.

Also, I know this is the most anti SY thing I could do, and i strongly recommend that you don't get into SY for this.....but you really do start getting powers. Real powers, not imaginary. You can test them, the
results will astound you. The catch here is that if you misuse them, or wish anyone harm, it'll come straight back to you. Also, if its powers you seek, you will NEVER get them. IF you do, then they will halt your spiritual growth at that level.

Sounds too good to be true? trust me it is.

Alex

———————————————————-

Date:  Sun, 26 Sep 2004 23:15:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject:  Re: A revealed religion (SY Perspective)

Melete,

I'm at work so this is a brief reply. Like I said before, you have been through extremes and therefore hold such stern views on SY. There is nothing manipulative about SM. She gave threats of cancer and Aids if you go around behaving like a bunny and sleeping with everything that moves. A threat that is rational and believable in every way.

I don't know how your depth of understanding of the world and the cycle of life is so little. Especially, if you hung around for 10 years. I really am amazed.

Anyways, all I intend to do in this mail is to tell you about last night as briefly as possible. We have an Egyptian woman here in Bangalore, India. She's a fortune teller of great accuracy. She describes events, people, incidents way into the future. I've been going to her on and off for some years now and strongly recommend her to someone in distress.

Her mode of divination is to read stains in a coffee cup. May seem absurd but the stains actually take distinctive shapes when she handles the cup. She describes real people, down to the way they comb their
hair, their current position/influence in your life etc. So, to cut the story short, last night she described SM to me. I WAS STUNNED. She described her with her very angular chin, a crown on her head and
the manner in which she speaks. All 100% true. What's even more amazing is that i never worship her wearing a crown. I could not recollect even having a photograph of her wearing one. But when i got home, and sifted through my wallet, i found just one photograph which i had left in my wallet by mistake....she's wearing a crown in that!

She went on to describe her as a divine personality and someone who has dedicated her life to service. She also added (and i don't know if this is true) that she has been doing this for 40-41 years (I only know of the time from 1970 onwards). She said that SM started on this path of service after going through a lot of agony around her. I am supposed to be lucky that she has me in her attention. And i believe that without doubt.

May i add that this fortune teller is a Muslim.

As for your bantering about being a part of and being accepted by the local collective and the collective leader...i think its just an obsession with you. You can be a SY even if you meditate alone. The only thing
is, it will take a lot more effort and dedication.

The tapes and speeches do guide you through life...GUIDE is the keyword here. You are literally reborn at initiation. You can call this brainwashing if you like...but then you must admit that when you send your kids to school or tell them not to put their hands in an electrical socket, you are not teaching them or guiding them....you are brainwashing them!

Alex

If this page was accessed during a web search you may wish to browse the websites listed below where this topic titled "Sahaja Yoga - A revealed religion or a cult of mind control?" or related issues are discussed, commented, criticized or researched in detail to promote peace and progress in religious harmony and spiritual development for all humanity:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adishakti_sahaja_yoga/message/2523

https://adishakti.org/forum/archives.htm
https://adishakti.org/

Search —>