"It is the talisman by which death itself becomes the portal to life eternal."

Date:  Wed Dec 29, 2004  10:23 am
Subject:  "It is the talisman by which death itself becomes the portal to life eternal."

—- In shriadishakti@yahoogroups.com, "v_koa" <v_koa@y...> wrote:
>
> Since i have been reading this website for almost a year and in
> the forums for 5 months or so, i have to to know that sahaja yoga
> collectives are, for the most part, not condusive to progressing
> in sahaja yoga, possibly even a deterrant. Even when i went to my
> first and only sahaja yoga collective meeting to get my
> realisation (which i haven't continued working on as u know) most
> of the people there seemed quite miserable and the leaders
> teaching the class didn't seem that warm, or for that matter all
> that happy. I don't understand how these people can use all these
> treatments and even just meditate twice a day and such, yet still
> catch and still be much like regular people; i would think they
> would be much different.
>

Dear Kyyan,

First of all i would like to clarify a previous post where i said:

"The Divine Message just does not allow you to pick and choose according to your inherited religious whims and fundamentalist fancies."

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adishakti_sahaja_yoga/message/3039

i want you to know that i am speaking in general and do not mean you
are of that nature. My apologies if my comments made you think i was
referring to you personally.

The local collectives are absolutely necessary if you want to learn about the subtle system. The Yogis are really experts in this field and you will heal fast, without having to pay a cent. But if you want to learn about the Last Judgment and Resurrection and have faith that this Great Event is actually taking place they will provide little information.

You may thus take advantage of both by healing yourself at the local
collective and continue to learn about the Divine Message at this forum and related websites. In this way you will always remain focused on the core message of Shri Mataji - the Last Judgment and Resurrection while you get your subtle system working.

As to your feeling that "most of the people there seemed quite miserable and the leaders teaching the class didn't seem that warm, or for that matter all that happy", it may be just that it takes time to develop relationships. It will be difficult on the first day for seekers and leaders to strike up a lively conversation with all. Most SYs are friendly and warm, willing to help you with their time and resources. The last time i received a SY guest he went out of the way to do a superb plumbing job even though he was getting late for the return journey home to rural Quebec ............... and the snow was beginning to fall. Getting paid for helping others is out of question. i am sure SYs will be warmer once you know them.

You will also have to factor in the fact that almost all new seekers leave within a short time. They perceive that Sahaja Yoga is all about the subtle system. Being free just makes it worse. Anyone teaching about the subtle system without charging just does not make sense to these people. After all, hundreds and thousands of professionals make a living from it. So how come these people are teaching for free?

This will hurt, as truth sometimes does: SYs running public programs
in North America know that 99% of the seekers will leave, as they
have done over the years. After a decade or so it is indeed difficult to always put on a happy and cheerful face. i admire them for their tenacity but question their methodology and inability to tell others of the Divine Message. It is a waste of time and energy to sell Sahaja Yoga as a subtle system yoga when hundreds of schools and thousands of professionals are doing a far better job.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adishakti_sahaja_yoga/message/1785

All that fatigue is bound to show after all these years. So, Kyyan, you just cannot blame them for reflecting that tiredness.

i have received emails about people spending a year or so in Sahaja
Yoga with scant knowledge about the Divine Message. The emphasis
always seems to be on the subtle system, catches, cures and cleansing. It is easy to leave Sahaja Yoga with that mindset. It is another matter to participate in the Great Event ordained for humanity. That is the raison d'être for myself being in Sahaja Yoga. In future that reason will account for the vast majority of seekers. Just wait and see.

As for why many SYs keep catching, this issue has been dealt with a
number of times. i am convinced that anyone can rid of catches without any need for lemons and chillies. If the Mother Kundalini can be awakened to rise all the way to the Sahasrara, a process that takes many rebirths spent in spiritual pursuits, i just cannot understand why it cannot cure petty subtle system problems. To have to resort to lemons and coconuts goes against all i have learnt. i will never resort to these rituals again, even if others remain convinced of their 'powers'. i just have to ask them: "Why do you
continue catching despite years?"

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adishakti_sahaja_yoga/message/1884
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adishakti_sahaja_yoga/message/2863
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adishakti_sahaja_yoga/message/2865
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adishakti_sahaja_yoga/message/2957
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adishakti_sahaja_yoga/message/3001

> I was curious; for what good are collectives at all? Say for
> example you have alot of issues to work out and possible possesion
> or whatever, is it benifical to attend collective meetings and
> have them work on you until those issues have been dealt with and
> then leave to persue your path in sahaj, or should they be avoided
> all together? (now i am talking about someone JUST starting with
> sahaj) Also, being away from these collective, what does shri
> mataji mean by you can only progress in sahaja through
> collectivity and passing on sahaja yoga, if the " collectives" are
> left and the yogi is to practice on his own?( excuse me if i
> misinterpreted her words or am simply taken her words in the wrong
> contect)
>

Kyyan, you will have to attend the collective meetings to rid yourself of some apparently serious problems, if that indeed is the case. As i said before SYs are experts at subtle system knowledge. But when you start paying too much attention on it day and night such obsession may lead to imbalance. When young SYs (below 25) start fearing all sorts of spiders, bats, cats and what not, there is something very wrong. Even some adult SYs have become conditioned, afraid to leave home without all sorts of protection. i am not making this up. Just check with the Vashi centre in Belapour, India and the doctors will tell you the same sad story. They just cannot understand why some SYs have become so afraid of the world in which they live.

But despite all these drawbacks you still must go to the collective. You have to get rid of that possession which seems to be bothering you. Once you are healed you may stay if you are comfortable. But if that ceaseless chatter of catches and cures bother then just continue meditating at home. There is nothing wrong with this approach. For all i know you may just ascend faster than others because your environment is free of fear and guilt.

Danny is absolutely correct when he posted this:

———————————
calugar22@yahoo.com
>
Date:  Sun Dec 26, 2004  9:00 am
Subject:  Re: sahaja yoga collectives....

This is what Shri Mataji said about this subject..

Collectivity doesn't mean that we should all stick together

"The joy we feel during music recital is because Kundalini is
dancing. She gets happy, because you ask for nothing but enjoyment of
collectivity. Collectivity doesn't mean that we should all stick
together. Collectivity means wherever you are, you are connected.
When you are connected you love that person and are concerned about
that person. The connecting line is of love and not of hatred. But
people will live together and break each other's head. That is
because they are nowhere near the real growth of Sahaja Yogis. You
may be in any part of the world but you are connected and are
concerned. As soon as there is a problem in any part of the world,
you are connected and effective and you can manage. People don't
really understand the meaning of collectivity. Where there is not
the other- Ananya. There is no other personality. These
personalities are separated from you because of left and right or
both. You are yourself fully connected when you are absolutely
detached and your Kundalini is dancing. You are alone and never
alone. This oneness with the other gives you all the security and
the joy you want. That's why the Kundalini awakening means
collectivity. Unless and until you want pure collectivity in
your being Kundalini won't rise". (Kundalini Puja, Germany, 1991)

..and this means love your neighbor like you love yourself. There is
nobody else. It is not you and the other. Collectivity doesn't mean
that we should all stick together. You can be alone, on an island,
and yet be collective.....

Sincerely,danny

—————————————————-

SYs keep telling themselves that to be collective is to attend local
meetings, meditation etc. i call this the local collective consciousness. Shri Mataji wants you to be in Collective Consciousness where your attention is always within your Sahasrara where She exists as the Adi Shakti (Hinduism), Comforter/Holy Spirit (Christianity), Shekinah (Judaism), Ma Adi/Ruh (Islam), Mai Treya (Buddhism), Great Mother (Taoism) and Aykaa Mayee (Sikhism). It does not matter how you approach Her. This oneness with the Feminine Spirit within gives you all the security and the joy you want. You are all alone but never alone because you feel Her presence within in the form of vibrations and guidance. Merging with Her within will take time but once you have the experience and faith it is easy to understand what Shri Mataji means by Ananya - It is the end of duality.

In Collective Consciousness you stop caring only for SYs and begin embracing all humanity and share their joy as well as grief. As Shri Mataji has said: "You may be in any part of the world but you are connected and are concerned. As soon as there is a problem in any part of the world, you are connected and effective and you can manage." That is when you start caring and are concerned for the welfare of all human beings, whether they are Indonesians, Sri Lankans, Somalians, Indians, Burmese, Thai, Maldivians or Malaysians. It does not matter if they are Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Christians or atheists. In that Collective Consciousness you do not want to differentiate or divide human beings. They are all your brothers and sisters who deserve the same compassion and love. You will definitely love all humans if you start merging in Collective Consciousness. And you also want to tell them the Truth, even if few want to lend support. But is does not matter as the Collective Consciousness is Truth. So Kyyan, be both intelligent and wise. You can be alone, on an island, and yet be collective.

i will end by again reminding all SYs why Mahatma Gandhi revered
Truth:

I deal with truth first of all, as the Satyagraha Ashram owes its very existence to the pursuit and the attempted practice of truth. The word satya (Truth) is derived from Sat which means 'being'. Nothing is or exists in reality except Truth. That is why Sat or Truth is perhaps the most important name of God, In fact it is more correct to say that Truth is God than to say  God is truth. But as we cannot do without a ruler or a general, such names of God as 'King' or 'Kings' or ' The Almighty' are and will remain generally current. On deeper thinking, however it will be realized that Sat or Satya is the only correct and fully sign fact name for God.

And where there is Truth, there is also is knowledge which is true. Where there is no Truth, there also is knowledge which is true. Where there is no Truth, there can be no true knowledge. That is why the word Chit or knowledge is associated with the name of God. And where there is true knowledge, there is always bliss. (Ananda). There sorrow has no place. And even as Truth is eternal, so is the bliss derived from it. Hence we know God as Sat-Chit-ananda, one who combines in Himself Truth, Knowledge and Bliss.

Devotion to this Truth is the sole justification for our existence. All our activities should be centered in Truth. Truth should be the very breath of our life.

When once this stage in the pilgrim's progress is reached, all other
rules of correct living will come without effort, and obedience to them will be instinctive. But without Truth it is impossible to observe any principles or rules in life.

Generally speaking observation of the law of Truth is understood merely to mean that we must speak the Truth. But we in the Ashram
should understand the word Satya or Truth in a much wider sense. There should be truth in thought, truth in speech, and truth in action. To the man who has realized this truth in its fullness, nothing else remains to be known , because all knowledge is necessary included in it. What is not included in it is not truth, and so not true knowledge; and there can be no inward peace without true knowledge. If we once learn how to apply this never failing test of Truth, we will at once able to find out what is worth doing, what is worth seeing, what is worth reading.

But how is one to to realize this Truth, which may be likened to the
philosophers stone or the cow of plenty? By single minded devotion
(abhyasa ) and indifference to all other interests in life (vairagya) replies the Bhagavadgita. In spite, however of such devotion, what may appear as Truth to one person will often appear as untruth to another person. But that need not worry the seeker. Where there is honest effort, it will be realized that what appear to be different truths are like the countless and apparently different leaves of the same tree. Does not God himself appear to different individuals in different aspects? Yet we know that He is one. But Truth is the right designation of God. Hence there is nothing wrong in every man following Truth according to his lights. Indeed it is his duty to do so. Then if there is a mistake on the part of any one so following Truth it will be automatically set right. For the quest of Truth involves tapas, self suffering, sometimes even unto death. There can be no place in it even a trace of self interest. In such selfless search for Truth nobody can lose his bearings for long. Directly he takes to the wrong path he stumbles, and is thus redirected to the right path. Therefore the pursuit of Truth is true bhakti (devotion). It is the path that leads to God. There is no place in it for cowardice, no place for defeat. It is the talisman by which death itself becomes the portal to life eternal. (Source: The Mind of Mahatma Gandhi)

jagbir

If this page was accessed during a web search you may wish to browse the websites listed below where this topic titled "It is the talisman by which death itself becomes the portal to life eternal." or related issues are discussed, commented, criticized or researched in detail to promote peace and progress in religious harmony and spiritual development for all humanity:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adishakti_sahaja_yoga/message/3048

https://adishakti.org/forum/archives.htm
https://adishakti.org/

Search —>