Just like Judith Coney, i too have found many flaws in Sahaja Yoga

Judith Coney: Sahaja Yoga>
<BR CLEAR=
Sahaja Yoga by Judith
Coney

“One spring afternoon in 1992, a Norwegian friend who was living in my village for a year whilst he completed a Master of Business Administration at Bath University dropped over for coffee. After exchanging the usual set of pleasantries about the weather and a few comments about the local primary school, he introduced a new topic into the conversation. Knowing my interest in new religions, he said, was I aware that some people in the next village were 'giving cool breezes'? I confessed my ignorance and pressed him for details. One, a woman called Jane, he continued, had given him a sort of massage and as a result he had felt a cool breeze on the top of his head.”I really did, you know!"he went on, looking slightly uncomfortable, as he did not quite believe it himself.”What's it all about?”

This book is my attempt, as a sociologist of religion, to answer the question raised by my friend that day. It is about Sahaja Yoga, the new religious movement (NRM) whose member was responsible for the 'cool breezes' which he felt.”

Judith Coney, Sahaja Yoga (Introduction)
Hardcover: 269 pages
Publisher: RoutledgeCurzon; 1 edition (May 24 1999)
ISBN-13: 978-0700710614

Book Review

Jeffrey"jleow21" (New Jersey, NJ, USA) - See all my reviews

"This book presents the thoughts of at least half the practitioners of Sahaja Yoga in the United States.

I read the book avidly as I recognised many similarities to what I had observed myself.

Judith Coney has obviously found the flaws in SYoga, and has presented a fair representation of the problems in this group. What she did leave out was the amazing capability of the leader to trigger blissful experiences in individuals. These people in turn can set off these feelings in others.

Judith does not investigate this crucial aspect of the group.

I, too, had the pleasure of trying SYoga for several years. After the initial pleasant experiences, I was led into a whirlpool of contradictions and deceit - as many still in the group will confirm privately. Why do they stay? - fear and an inability to resume a normal social life after decades of confinement to a closed community - friends and family forcibly discarded to be a"real"SYogi. However, the ability to trigger intense joy and a tangible peace in thousands of people is inexplicable.

I do still believe that the leader has unique capabilities, but I could never subject my loved ones to the emotional and mental turmoil that many in the group accept.

A good book for those"thinking persons"In SYoga to know that they are not alone. A good start, Judith Coney.”

Jeffrey"jleow21" (New Jersey, NJ, USA)

Just like Judith Coney, i too have found many flaws in Sahaja Yoga

Just like Judith Coney, i too have found many flaws in the Sahaja Yoga organization. i too was led into a whirlpool of contradictions and deceit - as many still in the group will confirm privately.

My children and myself too have been for years subjected to abuse, ridicule and false propaganda carried out by the very council members who make up WCASY, the so-called presenters of Shri Mataji's Will.

Since WCASY has hijacked both Her Will and Divine Message i have set a website http://www.sahajayoga-shrimataji.org/ to record for all posterity how tens of thousands of SYs unwittingly helped such a latent negativity almost destroy Shri Mataji's Advent. It is without question that the sending of the Comforter (Holy Spirit) by Jesus in the name of God Almighty is meeting the same evil resistance that He experienced 2,000 years ago. Jesus' life and mission was brutally cut short then, which triggered the need to sent a future Comforter (Paraclete) to complete His mission. And He did as promised!

Yet today we are again in a precarious situation! Tens of thousands are forbidden by WCASY, on pain of excommunication, to discuss the Comforter's Advent and Divine Message to humanity. And the vast majority of them have happily complied! What empowers this collective deception? How is it possible that so many are neither conscientious nor conscious of collectively committing the greatest crime against humanity? As we continue to add ever more articles based on the holy scriptures and eschatology, we cannot help but question.

And hundreds of thousands over the decades were deliberately kept in the dark that they had felt the cool breeze of the Holy Spirit as it was the promised Blossom Time. 99.99% left and never returned. Just like the Norwegian undergraduate at Bath University, they too left wondering," What's it all about?”The official Sahaja Yoga policy till date states that the truth cannot be told as it would scare them off. It is thus preferable that SYs spare them that agony of salvation with the compassion of soothing lies and doubt-inducing deceit.

But since time immemorial the Divine has always battled such negative forces, and ultimately won. The assured outcome will be no different this time.

regards to all,

jagbir

Archives of FAQs and Articles on Shakti/Last Judgment/Qiyamah
Homepage

Disclaimer: Our material may be copied, printed and distributed by referring to this site. This site also contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the education and research provisions of "fair use" in an effort to advance freedom of inquiry for a better understanding of religious, spiritual and inter-faith issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than "fair use" you must request permission from the copyright owner.

search

Home
Introduction
New Age Children
Miracle Photo
Meeting His Messengers
Prophecies
Age Of Aquarius
Nostradamus
Mayan End Age 12-21-2012
Our Conscious Earth
Adi Shakti's Descent