> impossible for any being to carry on an intelligent conversation and
> lie all the time. Even Hitler, Nero and Judas usually told the
> truth. The bad guys in history often used the truth to entice others
> toward a deceptive act. Thus when the serpent enticed Eve to eat
> the forbidden fruit by saying: "Your eyes shall be opened, and ye
> shall be as Gods, knowing good and evil.”Gen 3:5 it is possible he
> was telling the truth. In fact we know he was telling the truth
> because it is verified by one of the Gods: "And the Lord God said,
> Behold, the MAN IS TO BECOME AS ONE OF US (one of the many who > realize that God is in man), to know good from evil.”Gen 3:22
>

The Complete Guide to World Mysticism
The Complete Guide to
World Mysticism

“The supreme Gnostic heresy was to see Yahweh, the tribal deity of the Old Testament, as a false god—a vicious and foolish creator of an imperfect world. A Gnostic text called 'On the Origins of the World' writes of this false god hiding the real God both from others and from himself. The god of religion is not the God of the Gnostic mystics. A religion fixes God and defines his characteristics, but the real power of divinity is forever ineffable and can only be known through direct mystical experience, not creeds and dogmas. For the Gnostic mystics, all the villains of the Old Testament—Cain, Esau, the Sodomites—become heroes for resisting the presumptuous Yahweh. A text called The Testimony of Truth tells the story of Genesis from the serpent's point of view. The serpent is a messenger from the true God of divine wisdom; it comes not to tempt Adam and Eve, but to guide them away from the tyrannical Yahweh and towards a direct knowledge of the true reality.

For the Gnostics, Jesus is not the son of a partisan Jewish god, but the son of the true God who is the oneness that underlies all. He comes not to save people from offending against the rules laid down by an autocratic creator, but directly to reveal the transcendent truth. The true God of Jesus is beyond all ideas, and so can be equally pictured as both father and mother. A Gnostic text has God declaring:

I am the Thought that dwells in the Light. She who exists above all, I move in every creature. I am the Invisible One within the All. I am perfection. I am knowledge. I cry out in everyone and they know a seed dwells within them. I am androgynous. I am both Mother and Father., since I make love with myself. I am the womb that gives shape to All. I am the Glorious Mother.”

The Complete Guide to World Mysticism (Paperback)
by Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy, page 103-4
Publisher: Piatkus Books; New Ed edition (October 1998)
ISBN-10: 0749917768
ISBN-13: 978-0749917760

The Great Adi Shakti Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi
Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi
“Today you all have decided to have the puja of Adi Shakti. There's a difference between doing the puja of Kundalini Shakti or Adi Kundalini and Adi Shakti. The difference is like this: on one side the Kundalini is reflected in you by Adi Kundalini; the second side is the power of Adi Shakti which is Paramchaitanya. So in totality, if you see, it has two sides. One is Her power as Paramchaitanya and also reflection in human beings as Kundalini. The third work that Adi Shakti had to do was to create this whole universe. To begin with, as you have seen yesterday also how the cosmos was created and then how this special planet of Mother Earth was created.

Now what I have told you about Adam and Eve, we have found out, said by also John in his Gnostics book. It's very surprising. They always told you that Christ must have told you many things, but they are not in the Bible. So if you understand that this Adi Shakti came as a serpent — the Adi Kundalini part of Her — and told the Adam and Eve, especially Eve, that she should ask for the fruit of knowledge to be eaten. The reason I gave you is exactly written there, that the Mother power, the feminine power, didn't want Her children to live like animals without understanding what is the knowledge of the higher realms, not giving them chance to rise higher through their freedom and then to higher and higher awareness. It was the concern of The Mother.”

Shri Adi Shakti Puja Talk
Cabella, Italy, June 26, 1994

Disclaimer: Our material may be copied, printed and distributed by referring to this site. This site also contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the education and research provisions of "fair use" in an effort to advance freedom of inquiry for a better understanding of religious, spiritual and inter-faith issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than "fair use" you must request permission from the copyright owner.

search

Home
Introduction
New Age Children
Miracle Photo
Meeting His Messengers
Prophecies
Age Of Aquarius
Nostradamus
Mayan End Age 12-21-2012
Our Conscious Earth
Adi Shakti's Descent