Silence on Self: There is nothing else to learn, realize or meditate on

"Dear Jagbir and Violet

I appreciate your advice and guidance. Your posts touch heart. I wish everybody, at least the sahaj people could reach to this level of surrendering ignorance. I saw in India, huge Sahaj collecive indulging in treatments and rituals. People are becoming arrogant with attainment of their Sahaj knowledge but it's a shame that innocent people are just driven towards the false knowledge (of rituals and treatments involving chilles, lemons, candles, strings, paper, footsoaks etc. to clear the chakras of the subtle system).

Thank you very much.”

Dear Preeti,

The need for external images and rituals is universal. Humans just do not have the honesty, faith, knowledge and gnosis to follow the esoteric path of their Holy Scriptures ........... even when they are explicitly and implicitly embedded.

"One of the messages of the Upanishads is that the Spirit can only be known through union with him, and not through mere learning. And can any amount of learning make us feel love, or see beauty or hear the 'unheard melodies'? Some have only seen the variety of thought in the Upanishads, not their underlying unity. To them the words in the sacred texts might be applied: "Who sees variety and not the unity wanders on from death to death.”

The spirit of the Upanishads is the Spirit of the Universe. Brahman, God himself, is their underlying spirit. The Christians must feel that Brahman is God, and the Hindu must feel that God is Brahman. Unless a feeling of reverence independent of the barriers of names can be felt for the ineffable, the sayings of the Upanishads is true: "Words are weariness," the same idea expressed by the prophet that"Of making many books there is no end.”

The Holy Spirit may be the nearest translation of Brahman in Christian language. Whilst God the Father and God the Son are in the foreground of the mind of many Christians, the Holy Spirit seems to receive less adoration. And in India the Brahman of the Upanishads is not as popular as Siva, Vishnu or Krishna. Even Brahma, the manifestation of Brahman as creator, and not to be confused with him, is not living in the daily devotions of the Hindu, as are the other two gods of the trinity, Siva and Vishnu. The Upanishads doctrine is not a religion of the many; but rather the Spirit behind all religions in their central theme repeated in such a wonderful variety of ways.

Brahman in the Universe, God in his transcendence and immanence is also the Spirit of man, the self in every one and in all, Atman. Thus the momentous statement is made in the Upanishads that God must not be sought as something far away, separate from us, but rather as the very inmost of us, as the higher Self in us above the limitations of our little self. Thus when the sage of the Upanishads is pressed for a definition of God, he remains silent, meaning that God is silence. When asked again to express God in words, he says"Neti, neti," "Not his, not this"; but when pressed for a positive explanation he utters the sublimely simple words"TAT TWAM ASI," "Thou art That.” "[1]

i first experienced, then cross-examined, and finally realized that the synthesis of all religions and holy scriptures can be reduced to three words: "Silence on Self.” That took me more than a decade, but now i am absolutely convinced without a shadow of doubt that Silence on Self is the deepest core of enlightenment. i know for a surety that if i take a single step in any direction to seek the Divine i am definitely going the wrong way. Last, but not the least, i know for a fact that if i now again indulge in any external ritual or image whatsoever, after having realized the nature and identity of my Self, i will be a fool insulting the Divine Mother on a daily basis.

You are in truth the visible Brahman.
I will proclaim you as the visible Brahman.
I will speak the right. I will speak the truth.
May this protect me. May it protect my teacher!
May this protect me. May it protect my teacher!
Aum, peace, peace, peace!

Taittriya Upanishads 1.1.1.

i have just started practicing Silence on Self. In it lies the gnosis and enlightenment of all religions and Holy Scriptures, the assured path of moksa and eternity. There is nothing else to learn, realize or meditate on. The real inner journey has finally begun—now i will never ever look back again, or hesitate even once, on the final leg of an epic life, from the depth of darkness, to attain emancipation.

"The yogin can choose between two distinct approaches in order to attain emancipation ... Either he sets out to discover his essence, the Self, whilst relying on his own innate strength, or else he calls for help from the Divine Being. In both cases, however, he must open himself to an order of life higher than his empirical personality. In the latter approach he makes use of the powerful human capacity for love. The inner vacuum which is created by turning away from worldly pursuits, is now filled with a truly prodigious power which assists him in overcoming even the strongest resistance of the mind to being transmuted into pure consciousness and thereby transcending the boundaries of the spatio-temporal universe. The divine grace (prasada) of Purusottama safely guards the devotee across the chasms of mundane life into the supreme abode of the Lord ...

It is self-evident that the love pulsating in the divine body of God is not of an emotional or intellectual nature. The love that flourishes eternally between God and the Self-particles who have awakened to His presence is one of ineffable divine creativity: The whole communing with Itself ... Emancipation depends on God. No amount of self-effort can bring about the final fruit of self- transcendence. We must release all tension within us and relinquish our self-will and become still. God's great work can only be accomplished when the soul has become tranquil (prasada.) Then we are able to open ourselves to the divine omnipresence. This is true bhakti, which gives birth to the grace (prasada) of God.”[2]

“When you are resurrected, and you become realised souls, one has to understand that now your movement is inward. You are moving towards your roots, and not outside. So, whatever was the endeavour before realisation has to be changed. The direction has to be changed and that point, mostly, we miss.”

The Messiah-Paraclete-Ruh-Devi
V4 No 23 Sept 84 p5

So how does one recognize a Guru endowned with all this knowledge? What are the signs and qualities to look for in this dark age of Kali Yuga and false gurus? Why is a Guru so important in the first place?

"Je sayu chandaa oogvai suraj chade hajaar. Ete chaanan hodiyaa Gur bin ghor andhaar: If a hundred moons were to rise, and a thousand suns appeared, even with such light, there would still be pitch darkness without the Guru (sggs 463).
Vin gur peerai ko thaayi na paayee: Without the Guru or a spiritual teacher, no one is accepted (sggs 951).
Jin Gur gopia aapnaa tis thayur na thaayu. Halat palat doyoo gaye dargah naahee thaayu: Those who do not affirm their Guru will have no home or place of rest. They lose both this world and the next; they have no place in the God's Court (sggs 314).

How does one meet a True Guru? This age of Kal-Yug (Dark-Age) is likened to a burning fire. A soul drifted away from God becomes lost in this fire; the wilderness of suffering and miseries of this material world resulting from undigested desires or Vaasnaas of one's mind. Impelled by the spell of treacherous miseries and sorrows, such soul begins to long for God. Imploring and beseeching, such soul unconditionally surrenders to God. Entering His sanctuary, the soul prays"O Lord, I am on fire, please shower me with Your mercy.”When a soul thus becomes ready, the Lord sends him help in the form of a True Guru. To put it otherwise, one must first earn God's grace to meet a True Guru. The glance of Lord's grace comes with unconditional surrender to Him.

Pooraa satgur taa milai jaa nadar kreyee: One meets the Perfect True Guru only when the Lord bestows His Glance of Grace on him (sggs 424). Sat guru daataa Hri Naam kaa prabh aap milaavai soyi: The True Guru is the Giver of the Name of the Lord. God Himself causes us to meet Him (sggs 39). Jin Hari aap kirpaa kre se Gur samjhaayaa: The Guru instructs those whom the Lord Himself blesses with Grace (sggs 643). Kal-Yug udhaariyaa Gurdev: The Divine Guru is the Saving Grace in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga (sggs 406). Gur te saant oopjai jin trisnaa agan bujhaayee: It is from Guru that peace is evolved, which puts out the fire of desires of this sense-mind (sggs 424). Even Bible affirms that God sends the Guru, and no man finds a Guru unless the Lord Himself has drawn that person to the guru He has sent (John 6:44 and 6:65)...

A True Guru is he who is fixed in the Absolute Reality. He is liberated, and he knows the Truth. In fact, only the Guru is awake; the rest of the world is asleep in emotional attachment and desire. If one is genuinely serious about learning the transcendental science of God, one needs to approach such Guru.”[3]

Jai Shri Ganapathy,

jagbir

[1] Juan Mascaro, The Upanishads, Penguins Classics, 1965.
[2] Georg Feuerstein, Introduction to the Bhagavad Gita, Rider & Co. 1974, p. 161-2.
[3] Tara Singh, Reflections on Gurbani: www.gurbani.org/webart6

The Great Adi Shakti Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi
Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi
“The Self is the Spirit. This Spirit resides in the heart of every human being and is in a witness-like state. The Spirit is the projection of God Almighty, while the Kundalini is the projection of the power of God, of His desire which is the Primordial Mother, or you can call it Adi Shakti, Holy Ghost or Athena. So the Kundalini is the projection of the Holy Ghost, while the Spirit is the projection of God Almighty. The All-pervading Power of Love is the power of the Primordial Mother which creates and evolves, and does all the living work.”- Shri Mataji Nirmal Devi

Question: How does one discard all the organization and useless activities (of Sahaja Yoga) and seek her (Holy Spirit/Adi Shakti) only in the Sahastrara (Kingdom of God)?

Answer: Silence on Self

Question: I am still unable to rid myself of catches and other chakra problems despite years of daily (Sahaja Yoga) footsoaking and treatments. What do I do now?

Question: I am far from a Sahaja Yoga collective. How do I continue practicing Sahaja Yoga?

Question: My collective leader has told me to leave Sahaja Yoga due to some personal problems. What do I do now?

Question: Despite being years in Sahaja Yoga I do not agree with what our leaders are doing. I am thinking of leaving my collective. Can you suggest something that will help me continue on my own?

Question: I am a Muslim who absolutely am against worshipping of any idol or image. How then is Sahaja Yoga and Shri Mataji compatible with Islam?

Question: We are devout Christians who are very uncomfortable with Hindu rituals, and see the same in Sahaja Yoga. Is there any way we can do without such rituals?

Question: You loudly claim on your website that all religions and holy scriptures preach the same message. I don't see such evidence. What have you got to say?

Question: I do not want to meditate on anything non-Christian but agree that the Holy Spirit is feminine. How do I only worship the Holy Spirit but not the Adi Shakti?

Question: My parents and husband are against worshipping Shri Mataji. How can I solve this serious family problem but still continue to practice Sahaja Yoga without their knowledge?

Question: I completely agree with your belief that if you have to take a single step in any direction to seek the Divine you are going the wrong way. How and why did you reach this incredible conclusion only now despite spending so many years meditating, checking the scriptures and listening to Shri Mataji's speeches?

Question: How can we spread Shri Mataji's message successfully? So many have failed all these years and Sahaja Yoga is very slow. Most of the seekers have never heard of Shri Mataji. Other than Her Divine Message what can we teach new seekers that will attract them?

Question: I do not want to follow any religious organization or yoga teacher but still am interested in spirituality. You think that is possible?

Question: My mother-in-law is totally against Shri Mataji and regards Her as just another false guru. But I know Shri Mataji is the Adi Shakti and want to continue. However, i do not want to antagonize my mother-in-law. Any suggestions?

Question: I am a Sikh. I am completely against any Hindu ritual or worshipping of their idols and gods. Sikhism is completely against such practices. But Sahaja Yoga is also so full of such rituals and gods. What have you got to say, being a Sikh yourself?

Question: I am getting somewhat ridiculed for my own spiritual experiences regarding the crown chakra and the divine feminine. People think I'm weird by emphasizing that the Devi is the true nature of brahman and it is creating doubt about my path (despite my own experiences). Should I continue with my meditations and ignore them or try to explain to them? What do you suggest?

Question: There is so much information about yoga and meditation. I am so confused and do not know which path to take. What then is the truth? How do I attain it?

Question: I have been in Sahaja Yoga for years but still do not know what is Self-realization. Can you tell me in detail what you understand by it?

Question: I have been a SY for many years and some of us find shoe- beating and some rituals quite absurd. You also are against them. How then can we solve our subtle system problems without such treatments?

Question: I am a Muslim living in Pakistan who want to practice Sahaja Yoga. But there are no centers here. How can I continue?

Question: What will happen after Shri Mataji passes away? Will She still be in the photograph? Where will the vibrations come from then?

Question: I have just started meditating on Shri Mataji in the Sahasrara but find it very difficult. Is there a better way?

Question: I do not want to join Sahaja Yoga but believe in a number of Shri Mataji's teachings. Can you help me?

Question: I am an established SYogini who am concerned at the way the organization is heading. However, I still want to spread Shri Mataji's teachings. What do you suggest I tell others?

Question: I want to practice meditation but find it impossible to stop the thoughts. I value you opinion. If you don't mind my asking, but how do you do it?

Question: What is the shortest and surest route to realize God?

Question: Some religions claim that humans are divine in nature and that liberation is from within. Can you tell me how all this is realized in such a hectic and materialistic world?

Question: As a SY I am concerned that after Shri Mataji takes Mahasamadhi there will great grief and sense of loss. How can I cope with this eventuality and continue my faith and devotion? Do I continue to meditate on Her photo even though She is not physically present anymore?

Question: Jagbir, you are already telling us to discard Shri Mataji's photo and meditate on Her is the Sahasrara. A number of SYs have been offended by this and have left the forum. What makes you so sure you are right?

Question: What is the most profound and deepest enlightenment you have discovered after all these years, based on the teachings of Shri Mataji? She also claims that all religions teach the same truth about the spirit. How is that so given all the religious differences and centuries-old rivalry?

Question: Hi, man-made religions, sects and denominations are wide spread. So much misdeeds and divisions are committed and blood is shed in the name of God and religion. Is there a way to make humans realize that they are all worshipping the One and same Creator, no matter how different religious organizations have made God to be?

Question: It seems that religions are all preaching about a God that is to be found only in their organizations. Why then is it that the Divine can only be realized through one's own experience? What and where is God then?

Related Articles:
Self as Spirit: "Jesus answered them ...”
Jesus: "God is spirit, and those who worship him ...”
Silence Is God's First Language
Theosis is a state akin to 'enlightenment'
Look deep within
God (Brahman) exists in every living being
Aim of being reborn known to almost every religion
All Holy Scriptures uphold the Self as Spirit, for Self is God
Allah is"closer to him (the human) than [his] jugular vein.”
Yoga and Meditation (Dhyana) by Georg Feuerstein
Has Yoga strayed from its core?
Yoga is an art of living and not a religious practice
A Christian practicing sahaja yoga meditation
Shri Mataji: "Achieve your Self, become your Self.”
Shri Mataji: "But this Judgment is so beautiful.”
Shri Mataji: "What Christ said ... is nothing but Advaita.”
On being liberated from the dualities of pleasure and pain
Yoga Methods in Christian Mysticism
Shri Mataji: "The ultimate act against the Spirit ...”
Shri Mataji: "Self-Realization will ... lead to the creation of a new race"
Each religion springs from a profound experience of the Spirit
This new mode of being and consciousness is the ...
For if you walk on this road, it is impossible to go astray
Mystic's discovery of the higher Self is only a step on a greater journey
For the mystics, Jesus was a living embodiment of union with God
Gnosis essentially is act of distinguishing soul from deepest self
People who have never even glimpsed the realm of the sacred
Eckhart Tolle's Teachings and Self-realization are in perfect harmony
Eckhart Tolle's Stillness Speaks and T. A. are in perfect harmony
What and where is Self/Brahman/God/Being ...?

Archives of FAQs and Articles on Shakti/Last Judgment/Qiyamah
Homepage

search www.adishakti.org