Shri Mataji: "That nonsense of Christianity ... has nothing to do with Christ, believe me"

The Great Adi Shakti Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi
Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi
“Before we start the celebrations of the birth of Christ, we have to have a little bit of a review, of what we have done after His Birth, so we can understand where we stand in relation to Him. For He was the Son of a Virgin, so that not even the slightest blot on His name should be created because He was to do the greatest job of creating the Agnya awareness for us, which would help us to suck in all our sins, all our conditionings, and all our egos. And this great personality was created for such a great work within ourselves.

But unfortunately, we have spoilt both these institutions within us to such an extent that it is the most difficult task to give realisation to Christians. On the one side we have too much conditioning, as you know, through Catholicism and other ideas about Christianity which created a horrible conditioning in our super ego, which is just like a solid rock, I think, sometimes. And those who have been in catholic churches still get stuck up with it...

All kinds of nonsensical 'donkey people' were created, absolutely! They have nothing to do with the Christ, they have nothing to do with God, they have no idea of Divine Life! And to them, prohibiting people from doing something was fully religion! And this has taken the West into such darkness that Sahaja Yoga has to be worked out at a very great speed and in a very expansive way, otherwise you cannot get over these horrible ideas of Archbishops, and the Bishops and the Popes... I find that all Sahaja Yogis who are from the West are still attached to Christianity and not to Christ. There is a lingering Christianity still within you, and the Christianity has to drop out...

But in the West, we still are very much attached to that nonsense of Christianity. It has nothing to do with Christ, believe me, and this fanaticism which is lingering still in your mind must be given-up, otherwise you do not do any justice to Christ. That by no chance means that you take to another religion like Hinduism or any nonsensical Jainism, or any thing. The essence, the Tattwa of Christianity is Christ. And it is so thickly clouded by all these non-sensical things that you really have to drop-out this word 'Christianity' from your vocabulary completely, and from your mind. Otherwise you can never go to the essence. It is a fact, take it from me.”

Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi
Christmas Eve Puja Talk, Pune, India, 24 December, 1982

The Second Coming of Christ (The Resurrection of the Christ within You)
"The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost... shall teach you all things"

"Churches today have digressed from the path of Self-realization, personal experience of God and Christ. Congregations are generally satisfied with sermons, ceremonies, organizations, and festive socials. The complete revival and restoration of Christ-ianity can be effected only by less emphasis on theoretical sermons with their oft-repeated platitudes, and on external emotion-rousing, psycho-physical ceremonies, and by substituting instead quiet meditation and real inner communion. Rather than being passive members of a church, satisfied merely with listening to sermons, worshipers should engage more in the effort to cultivate perfect stillness in both body and mind. The peace of absolute physical and mental stillness is the real temple wherein God most often visits His devotees.”Be still, and know that I am God.”[1]

The word"straight"Also signifies following the straight path of truth, through which alone the soul can reach God. It is very difficult to choose the right course amid the varied religious opinions. John declared to the people the straight path out of their ignorance, and exhorted them to follow it to receive the teachings of Jesus in attaining Christ Consciousness. People who wander from church to church seeking intellectual satisfaction seldom find God, for intellectual nourishment is necessary only to inspire one to"drink"God. When the intellect forgets to actually taste God, it is a detriment to Self-realization. Spiritual truth and wisdom are found not in any words of a priest or preacher, but in the"Wilderness"of inner silence. The Sanskrit scriptures say: "There are many sages with their scriptural and spiritual interpretations, apparently contradictory, but the real secret of religions is hidden in a cave.”[2] True religion lies within oneself, in the cave of stillness, in the cave of calm intuitive wisdom, in the cave of the spiritual eye. By concentrating on the point between the eyebrows and delving into the depths of quiet in the luminous spiritual eye, one can find answers to all religious queries of the heart.”The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost...shall teach you all things" (John 14:26).”

The Second Coming of Christ (The Resurrection of the Christ within
You) Volume 1, Discourse 6, pg. 121-122
Paramahansa Yogananda
Printed in the United States of America 1434-J881
ISBN-13:978-0-87612-557-1
ISBN-10:0-87612-557-7

Notes:
[1] Psalms 46:10
[2] The 'Mahabharata', Vana Parva (312.117).

The Complete Guide To World
Mysticism
"Look for Him by taking yourself as the starting point"

"For the Gnostics, Jesus is not the son of a partisan Jewish god, but the son of the true God who is the oneness that underlies all. He comes not to save people from offending against the rules laid down by an autocratic creator, but directly to reveal the transcendent truth. The true God of Jesus is beyond all ideas, and so can be equally pictured as both father and mother. A Gnostic text has God declaring:

I am the Thought that dwells in the Light. She who exists above all, I move in every creature. I am the Invisible One within the All. I am perfection. I am knowledge. I cry out in everyone and they know a seed dwells within them. I am androgynous. I am both Mother and Father, since I make love with myself. I am the womb that gives shape to All. I am the Glorious Mother....

The Gnostic mystics believed that Jesus had come as a spiritual guide with the power to transform his followers into his equals. In the same way that after 'enlightenment' a Buddhist becomes a Buddha, when a mystic achieved gnosis he was 'no longer a Christian, but a 'Christ'. The purpose of spiritual authority is to outgrow it. The Gospel of Philip has Jesus teaching: "You saw the spirit, you become the spirit. You saw Christ, you become Christ. You saw the Father, you shall become the Father. You see your Self, and what you see you will become.' In the Apocalypse of Peter, the disciple relates how he was initiated by Jesus: 'the Saviour said to me," Put your hands over your eyes and tell me what you see.”But when I had done it, I saw nothing. I said," No one see this way.”He told me," Do it again", and there came into me fear with joy, for I saw a Light, greater than the light of day.'

Simon Magus, who knew Jesus, describes each human being as a place in which 'dwells an infinite power ... the root of the universe'. The Gnostic master Valentinus, echoing the teaching of the Mystery Schools, says that it is a person's guardian angel which conveys gnosis to him, but that this angelic being is actually the seeker's higher Self. He writes: "When the human self and the divine"I"Are interconnected they can achieve perfection and eternity.' The master Monoimus instructs:

Abandon the search for God and the creation and other similar matters. Look for Him by taking yourself as the starting point. Learn who it is within you who makes everything his own and says, 'My God, my mind, my thought, my soul, my body.' Learn the source of sorrow, joy, love, hate.... If you carefully investigate these matters you will find God in your Self.

In the Dialogue of the Saviour, the disciple Matthew asks Jesus where the 'place of life, the pure light' is. Jesus replies, 'Every one of you who has known himself has seen it.' His disciples question: 'Who is the one who seeks, and who is the one who reveals?' Like a Zen master, Jesus answers that 'the one who seeks is also the one who reveals.' In the Testimony of Truth, Jesus advises a follower to become a disciple of his own mind because it is the 'Father of Truth'.

The sage Valentinus gives the central Gnostic teaching, which is the same perennial wisdom taught by all Christian mystics and, indeed, all other mystical traditions: 'Knock on yourself as upon a door and walk upon yourself as on a straight road. For if you walk on this road, it is impossible to go astray. Open the 'door for yourself that you may know.' For as Jesus himself says in the New Testament, athe kingdom of Heaven is within you.'"

Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy, The Complete Guide to World Mysticism
Piatkus Books (October 1998) pp. 104-6

Related Articles:
Each one of them hides from the ultimate test of its validity and truth
Self-Deception and the Problem with Religious Belief Formation
According to Hindu scriptures even thousands of years of rituals ...
High caste Banyan forced into arranged marriage with lowly peepal
The Great Cover Up [of reincarnation] - Emperor Justinian
Peter de Rosa, Vicars of Christ: The Dark Side of the Papacy
765 problems with 'god' of Genesis solved by Jesus
Gospels in Conflict: John and Thomas
Why Christianity Must Change or Die - Review
Why Christianity Must Change Or Die: A Bishop Speaks
Jesus: The false vengeful God demands such needless sacrifice
Jesus enjoins Judas"to seek [after the] spirit within you.”
The Christ is the liberator and restorer of woman
Papal Sin: Structures of Deceit
Religious progressives
How I Lost Faith: How the end of religion can be the beginning of God
"God gave humans the truth, and the devil came and he said ...”
Great barbarian empire of patriarchy that men have created will decay
Thou shalt not kid yourself
Cardinal's Law
The Papacy: The Seldom Told History
Pope apologizes for residential-school abuse
Sectarian religion implies a closed society
Islamic theologians defend racist rocks and terror trees ...!
Idol worship is perhaps the greatest falsehood of Hinduism
Rabbis loathe Sex and the City, love sex in the city
Muslims unable to find even one of 123,974 missing prophets
Comparing single note from Quran with entire orchestra of Guru Granth
Shri Mataji: "There is so much blind faith ...”
Shri Mataji: "Christianity has nothing to do with Christ.”
Betrayal: The Crisis in the Catholic Church
To all Muslims: "You persistently closed your mind to this promise"
Shri Mataji: "And now the time has come for it to be blasted.”
The Great Cover Up [of Christianity] - Emperor Constantine
The word"pope"Was to both Lord Jesus and the Great Adi Shakti
Shri Mataji: "Like all the thieves of the world ... have taken over.”
A willful and deliberate rejection by Muslims of the Great News
When Jesus and Shri Mataji talk about God Almighty you ...
Shri Mataji: "That nonsense of Christianity ...”
Sex crimes and the Vatican

Disclaimer: Our material may be copied, printed and distributed by referring to this site. This site also contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the education and research provisions of "fair use" in an effort to advance freedom of inquiry for a better understanding of religious, spiritual and inter-faith issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than "fair use" you must request permission from the copyright owner.

search

Home
Introduction
New Age Children
Miracle Photo
Meeting His Messengers
Prophecies
Age Of Aquarius
Nostradamus
Mayan End Age 12-21-2012
Our Conscious Earth
Adi Shakti's Descent